Law of Local Government
The Law of Local Government provides a comprehensive and definitive analysis of the law on local government, including the substantive and procedural provisions which are relevant for the application of law on local government and local authority legislative provisions.
* Provides a comprehensive analysis of local government law and the legislative provisions applying to local government law
* Details the main statutory provisions and provides an exhaustive and extensive analysis of relevant case-law
* Analyses particular points of law which require clarification and deserve academic analysis
* Refers to the relevant District Court, Circuit Court and Superior Court Rules for applications and enforcement proceedings under the local government statutory code
* Summarises the law relating to local government administration, functions and services
* Deals with key provisions on the local government system, including the role of the Manager, elected members and officials and employees
* Provides an overview of the legal capacity and potential liability of local authorities
* Includes a specific chapter on public procurement and local authorities which will hopefully be of use to a wider audience in the absence of a specific text on public procurement
* Dedicated chapters on the main functions and services provided by local authorities, including planning enforcement, waste and water services, housing, roads, building regulations, etc.
* Specific focus on the financing of local government, including rating, borrowing and auditing
Local government administration; Role of elected members and local authority elections; Local government management system; Local government employees and personnel; Legal capacity of local authorities; Public procurement; Judicial review of local authorities; Liability of local authorities; Planning and development law; Environmental impact assessment and strategic environmental assessment; Nature conservation and appropriate assessment; Built heritage and national monuments; Roads and rights of way; Compulsory purchase and acquisition; Housing and traveller accommodation; Waste management; Water services and fisheries management; Air quality and noise pollution; Building standards and fire regulations; Animal control ; Miscellaneous functions and services; Local government financing; Rating system and valuation; Local government accounting and auditing
About the Author
David Browne is a practising barrister in Dublin and on the South-Eastern Circuit, with a particular interest in administrative law, local government and planning law, and conveyancing and property law.
Download Law of Local Government (9780414035195).pdf, available at camarotebarbrahma.com for free.
- David Browne
- Hardback | 1418000 pages
- 156 x 240 x 58mm | 1,710g
- Publication date
- 17 Dec 2014
- Round Hall Ltd
- Publication City/Country
- Dublin, Ireland